Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why I do what I do

Just a little note to explain myself. When I was seventeen, I had a serious hammock accident. I know that sounds like a joke, but it isn‘t. While laying on a hammock, the cinderblock wall it was attached to collapsed. Don’t worry about the wall, I broke it’s fall with my head. Anyway, due to the nifty Traumatic Brain Injury which resulted from this, I can’t retain information the way most people do.
In order to deal with this, I have learned to become slightly obsessive about the way I collect, store, & organize information. I can research to my heart’s content, but unless I put it in some permanent place neatly, it falls back out of my head.
Enter my fact sheets. It hadn’t occurred to me until recently that they might be helpful to anyone besides me, but I seem to be decent at taking huge amounts of information and distilling it down to the basics. Since I was doing this anyway, it would be great if it served another purpose!
So that’s my story. Thanks for listening.
M.C. Peery

No comments:

Post a Comment